Monday, September 29, 2008

How much do you love someone?



Lana stayed with me Saturday night.  We spent the day at the Pretzel Festival in Germantown with my son, his wife and my other granddaughter, Claire. 


Claire

Also, there were my sister, Donna, and her husband, Gary Sr,  son, Gary Jr, and grandson, Peter.  It was a beautiful day and we had a lot of fun walking through the booths, eating festival food, and listening to the music.

Lana and Peter Dancing to the music while Donna keeps an eye on them.

 Lana enjoyed the park swings and slides.



Afterward, Lana went home with me.  We stopped at an apple orchard and bought cider and picked up a bundle of wood.  We then went to Wallyworld and picked up hot dogs, buns and marshmellows.  We sat around a fire and Lana was so happy to eat a hot dog -- well maybe more to put her stick in the fire.  We looked at the stars.  She said, "Nana, do you know how much I love you?"  We went back and forth about how much we loved each other each answer topping the other.

Sunday morning when we got up she said again, "Nana, do you know how much I love you?" and again, we tried to top each other's answers.  I said I loved her more because I had known her all her life and loved her even before she was born.  She said, "I loved you twenty years before I was born when I was with the tooth fairy and the angels and we picked you to be my Nana."  I couldn't top that.

No comments:

Post a Comment