Sunday, December 7, 2008

Old King Cole

It's funny that one of the strictest and one of the loosest family trees follow the ancestry of Daniel Boone. The American Boone Society won't put anything in their files unless that have absolute documentation for it even if the preponderance of information would tell you that someone is a part of the family. I know they don't accept that my ancestor Stoever from Germany married Mary Webb's (our direct grandmother) sister, Sarah. I do, but I am not them.


On the other hand, the de Bohn Society in England has Daniel's family back to Adam. I kid you not. If someone asks me to send them info, I usually leave that part out, but I keep it for myself because maybe it's true. But it isn't something I can run against census records for Moses or Noah or those since thier time.


I have been running all the folks in the Huston Cemetery at Goose Creek. I have never seen so many Collier connections -- and Meades.... oh my goodness. I have worked on them for over twenty hours and I just keep finding more.


So I thought I would take a break from that serious stuff and remind you of our childhood nursery rhyme:


Old King Cole was a merry old soul

And a merry old soul was he.

H

No comments:

Post a Comment