Sunday, June 15, 2008

Bentley Mystery Pictures - 1 Identified









First, I have done a correction to the blog I wrote on Susan Wright Venters. She was the daughter of Joel Ellis and Eliza Agnes Bates. At the very last line I wrote that she was the daughter of Joel & Susannah, which was a mistake that cousin Lois caught for me.













Our cousin who was on the Alaskan cruise got home and sent me two pictures that he is trying to identify. I am hoping someone has seen these before or that I can get some help in identifying them at the reunion. Let me know if you can identify anyone.





Lois, our cousin in Delaware, has identified the group picture as one that was taken in Spreight, Kentucky after a church of Christ gathering. In the front row on the right there is a tall man standing by a woman in a sweater. The man is Winfield Scott "Scott" Johnson and his wife, Lovena "Viney" Fleming Johnson. Viney is my g-g aunt, the sister of Elizabeth "Betsy" Fleming who married Nataniel "Thaney" Houston. I love finding these pictures of family. Lois will be able to identify more of the folks as she goes through her notes. I look forward to knowing who others are in the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment