Thursday, February 19, 2009

Lettie Bentley married a Smith, a Bentley and a Toten

Smiths and Jones. Smiths and Jones. Boy are they hard to follow and figure out. Lettie Malinda Bentley was the 8th child of Otho Bentley and the first child of Nancy Alice Hall. Her first husband was Woodrow Smith.


Woodrow was the son of Robert Smith and Margie L. Bentley. I don't have enough information about Robert to figure out where he is in the census records or who his parents are. I will have to ask Aunt Lettie the next time I visit her. I thought it was interesting though to find his mother was a Bentley.


Margie L. Bentley was the daughter of Noah Lincoln Bentley and Mary Holbrook. Noah was the son of Benjamin Bentley and Elizabeth Reynolds. Benjamin was the son of John Quiller Bentley and Margaret "Peggy" Hamilton. John Quiller was the son of Daniel Bentley and Nany Jane Lewis.


Until I started looking at who my aunts and uncles had married I didn't know Woodrow had a Bentley connection other than Aunt Lettie. They divorced.


Aunt Lettie's second husband was Dr. Can Martin Bentley. He was the son of John Quiller Bentley and Ellen Bates. John Quiller was the son of Benjamin Bentley and Elizabeth Reynolds whose line I have above.


His mother Ellen Bates was the daughter of Henderson Bates and Elender Dale. "Hen" as he was called was the son of John Wallis Bates and Sarah Waltrip. Hen was a brother to the Kentucky Giant, Martin Van Buren Bates.


They, too, divorced.




No comments:

Post a Comment